- «How sam’s development environment is configured».
- «Beginners Guide to Install Discourse on Ubuntu for Development».
- How to access a Discourse web server in a VMware Workstation guest from a Windows host?
- How to access a VMware Workstation’s Ubuntu guest from a Windows host via SSH?
- How to access a PostgreSQL database in a VMware Workstation guest from a Windows host?
- How to assign a static IP address to a VMware Workstation guest?
- How to setup Samba in a VMware Workstation Ubuntu guest?
- How to fix «ln: failed to create symbolic link» / «Operation not supported» in a VMware Workstation Ubuntu guest?
- How to debug a VMware Workstation Ubuntu guest based Ruby code in a Windows host based IntelliJ IDEA?
- VMware Workstation 14 documentation
- How to fix the «bundler’s executable “bundle” conflicts with ~/.rbenv/versions/2.4.2/bin/bundle» issue in
- How to choose the «Number of processors» and «Number of cores per processor» in VMware Workstation 14 Pro «New Virtual Machine Wizard»?
See also my topics in the official Discourse forum:
- Is the official
discourse-16.04Vagrant box compatible with VMware Workstation, or it is for VirtualBox only?
- Is VMware Workstation Player enough for a Discourse developer, or the more expensive VMware Workstation Pro provides some real advantages for Discourse?
- How to configure
Vagrantfileto run Discourse in VMware Workstation?
- Unable to make the Discourse’s folder shared between a Windows host and a VMware Workstation Ubuntu guest because
discourse-narrative-botwants a symlink
«Beginners Guide to Install Discourse on Ubuntu for Development» fails on the
bundle exec rake autospecstep: «~/.rbenv/versions/2.4.2/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/rspec-support-3.6.0/lib/rspec/support.rb:28:in `require_relative’: cannot load such file --».
bundle exec rake autospecstep of «Beginners Guide to Install Discourse on Ubuntu for Development» leads to the «jhead worker:
jheadnot found» / «svgo worker:
svgonot found» failure.